The Museum is housed in the convent of San Francesco
The history of the convent, since its foundation, is strictly connected to the town life.
Almost certainly founded in 1008 by the Benedictines, at the beginning, it was entitled to Santa Maria de’ Consoli; in a document, dated 1040, it was included among the Farfa Abbey’s properties. In the XIV century the convent, already entitled to San Francesco d’Assisi, is fully part of the daily life of Deruta as documented in the Statute of Deruta of 1465.
In 1998, after an important restructuring and pioneering arrangement, the convent complex becomes the definitive location of the Ceramics Museum.